Monday, September 24, 2007

A message from Purity

I received this note in the mail today, from the little girl I sponsor in Kenya. These are exerpts:

I know it has been long since I wrote you a letter. How is your family? Are they okay? My family and I are happy too. Is your family happy?
My school has many pupils and teachers. I love my school. In our school we are given lunch that is beans mixed with maize and the mixture is known as githeri. In our class I was number one and my teachers congratulated me.
In the Compassion project we learn how HIV spread and the types of soils in our country. In the project, we praise God, We love God and we pray for our sponsors every saturday. I know you are my sponsor and I love you so much and I always pray God to protect you always. My family was very happy when I received letters from you and the map you send.
I want to tell you a memory verse: Psalm 105:1 it says, "give thanks to the Lord, proclaim his greatness, tell the nations what he has done." If you read psalm 105:1 your heart will be blessed. God will be with you.
I go to church every sunday. In our church we pray we sing and we jump for the Lord.
It is cold here in Kenya. What about your country? Thank you for your help. God bless you.


How amazing is that?? I would not exchange this experience for ANYTHING. I am so blessed!

No comments: